Our modern way of life is conducive to colon diseases such as cancer. By changing our eating habits and lifestyle, we may avoid or heal colon disease. Listed below are several things we can do to help prevent colon disease or even correct deficiencies provided they haven’t progressed too far. In doing so, excess weight will just melt off until your body stabilizes.
- Avoid all stomach irritants:
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda,
- Caffeine Drinks (coffee, tea, soda, etc.) Non-caffeinated herbal tea is fine,
- Carbonated Beverages: Waters and Sodas
- Concentrated Foods
- Hot Pepper – Capsicum (Cayenne Pepper) is OK
- Sugar and Spices (except fresh or powdered herbs and Stevia)
- Vinegar Products
- Dairy/Casein Products including cheese (Nut and Grain beverages and cheeses are ok)
- All Gluten Products including Wheat, Oats, Rye and Barley
- INSTEAD, eat fresh fruits, nuts, non-starchy vegetables, lean protein, superfood shakes and non-gluten grains: Quinoa, Amaranth, Millet, Buckwheat or Whole Grain Rice.
- Do not consume over-ripe fruits or vegetables or foods having the faintest taint of spoilage or foods “aged” during processing, such as hard cheeses, sauerkraut, pickles, etc.
- Following smart food combining rules:
- Eat fruits alone
- Eat non-starchy vegetables, a salad and or cooked veggies alone or with either a:
- lean protein,
- starchy vegetable,
- starchy bean/legume (called Pluses)
- but don’t eat protein, and starches/grains together
Eat smart food choices according to your personal blood type: O, A, B, AB
Preferably using Dr. Bo’s Guide for Smart Food Choices which is different than other lists.
Blood Types O and B can have red meat but not more than once every two weeks due to the high uric acid content of red meat. All other blood types should avoid red altogether, since they do not produce the stomach acids to digest it.
- Add fiber and colon cleansing herbs to your diet 1-2 times each day (this adds the bulk or roughage that helps clean the colon). Be sure to drink at least 8 oz. of water with these products, and follow it with an additional 8 oz. of water, for a total of 16 oz. of water. The amount of water is very important.
- Eat slowly, in small bites and chew well. Good rule: chew your liquids and drink your solids. Your stomach does not have teeth.
- Eat only when hungry. True hunger is a pleasant sensation in the mouth and throat.
- Reduce overeating. Leave the table slightly hungry. Your food expands in 30 minutes.
- Your diet should consist of 60% alkaline foods (fruits and vegetables) & 40% acid foods.
- Reduce processes foods, fried foods, dried foods & chemically altered food with hydrogenated oils.
- For improved digestion, take a full spectrum enzyme just before or during meals. When taking your enzymes consume at least 8 oz. of water. Water is required to activate the “water craving” hydrolytic enzymes. The moisture in the mouth may not be sufficient. If you are taking other vitamins, take them with this same glass of water. If you are not taking a full spectrum enzyme with your meals, do not drink water with your meal. Instead, drink at least 30 minutes before and 60 minutes after a meal, but never with it, unless you are taking enzymes. To complete the digestive process while you sleep, take the full spectrum enzymes just before bedtime.
- To help establish and build friendly bacteria and flora in the intestines, consume daily a multi strain Probiotic and Prebiotic to achieve good elimination, absorption, digestion and strong immune system.
- Drink a gallon (4 quarts) of water daily – more on fast days. Add a squeeze of lemon.
- Be regular in mealtime and bedtime (this helps your digestive system, allowing it to become accustomed to work times and rest times).
- Do not crowd meals close together. Put a minimum of 4-5 hours between the end of one meal and the beginning of the next, with ideally nothing in-between, giving the stomach an opportunity to rest. If you do need snacks, eat nuts and seeds, fruit and vegetable juices, superfood shake with or without a protein powder or foods that will combine well with the foods you have had or are going to eat.
- Fast one day each week. Take 8-10 activated charcoal tablets at bedtime on the night before each fast. This will help absorb the toxins released by the fast. You can either do a fruit fast or a juice fast (fresh fruit or vegetable juices), a lemonade fast, or a grapefruit lymph fast is best. It is nice to give the body a rest. We don’t die from knee injuries we usually die from organ failure. We tend to overtax our bodies and wear it out.
You can find the different products mention in this blog at your favorite health food store or if you are interested in what we use at my clinic check out http://www.drbo.com.
The statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. These statements and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.