Wheatgrass is one of nature’s BEST medicines. Just a small portion of wheat grass has the fighting power of many different health remedies. Wheatgrass has twice the amount of Vitamin A as carrots more vitamin C than oranges, all of your B vitamins, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and potassium.
So why aren’t we all drinking wheatgrass? The above isn’t the only thing wheatgrass contains, here’s a few more:
- Complete source of protein
- Has all essential amino acids
- 20% of total calories coming from protein
- It’s a powerful detoxifier, especially of the liver and blood
- It helps neutralize toxins and environmental pollutants in the body
- Contains beneficial enzymes that help protect us from carcinogens
- Cleanses the body from head to toe of any heavy metals, pollutants and other toxins that may be stored in the body’s tissues and organs
- High in chlorophyll
Try the wheatgrass challenge by drinking two ounces of wheatgrass juice twice a day consumed fresh – (within fifteen minutes of juicing for the best results).
*Some information found from an article on http://hippocratesinst.org/benefits-of-wheatgrass-2