The weather is heating up and Summer is fast approaching. Longer days, warmer nights and plenty of backyard BBQ’s. Don’t let something like a BBQ scare you though with fear of all the unhealthful foods that unfortunately come with it: hot dogs, store bought frozen burgers, white buns in a bag, processed sauces, vacuum packed ribs and skewers, potato salad; the list can go on and on.
BBQ-ing in a Bo-Approved manner though, will leave you feeling healthy, light, fulfilled and leave zero remorse of putting garbage in your body. Good food doesn’t need to taste bad and this recipe below will prove that – high protein and lots of veg and backyard BBQ friendly…dig in!
Summer Shish Kebab
- 1½ lbs. beef, chicken, lamb or tofu cut into 2″ chunks (organic & according to blood type)
- ¼ cup Dr. Bo’s Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
- ¼ cup Red Wine
- ¼ cup fresh Lemon juice
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Ginger Root, slice and mince
- 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 18 Cherry Tomatoes (Type O & AB only)
- 2 zucchini and/or yellow summer squash chopped
- 1 Red and 1 Orange Bell Peppers chopped
- 18 large Mushrooms (Any mushrooms except shiitake and domestic for type O & A)
- 1 red onion
Blend olive oil with wine and lemon juice. Stir in onion, ginger, garlic, and spices. Place meat chunks in marinade and turn to coat. Marinate overnight, turning pieces occasionally.
Cut all veggies (except cherry tomatoes) into 2 inch bite sized pieces (to match the protein). Thread meat and vegetables onto skewers.
Grill on the BBQ until everything is well browned. Aproximetly 10-15 minutes depending on protein and Voila! Serve with a big green salad and you have a tasty, BBQ’d meal without giving into guilt…Summer is supposed to be fun 😉
Note: Alcohol will burn off.