This recipe is wheat and gluten free and packs in fresh flavors. Roast up some veggie to complete the meal.
- 1 cup Millet
- 3 cups Water
- Dr Bo’s Golden Taste Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Italian Parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh Oregano, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 Scallions, chopped with the green stems included
- Celtic sea salt or Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
Cook the millet like you would rice for about 25 minutes (it will be more fluffy if you don’t stir it.
When finished let it cool for a bit. In a sauté pan drizzle some of Dr. Bo’s extra virgin olive oil and let heat up. Place the garlic in the pan and let cook for a bit then add the herbs and a bit more olive oil if necessary and cook for about 15 seconds, they should turn bright green.
Then add the millet, toss together with the fresh chopped scallion and add salt to taste.
Combines well with all vegetables and fairly well with pulses (beans and legumes)
Does not combine well with protein and fruit