Kale is such a healthy and readily available vegetable that everyone should be consuming! It used to be a vegetable that was hard to find, but now it is quite affordable and easy to locate in your local grocery store!
Below is a recipe we found from the website http://www.hilahcooking.com
Kale with Garlic and Sesame
- 1 bunch fresh kale
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- a few drops toasted sesame oil (optional)
- Wash the kale by rinsing or submerging in a bowl of water and swishing it around. Pull the leafy parts from the stems. Discard the stems. Tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat for a minute.
- Add the garlic and cook only about 15-20 seconds until it starts to smell fragrant. Add the sesame seeds and half the kale.
- Sprinkle with half the salt and toss around a few minutes until kale starts to wilt. Add in remaining kale and continue to cook until it’s softened and reduced in volume by half. It should still be bright green.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame oil. Serve hot or at room temperature.