This is the perfect Superbowl party meal! Make a huge batch…bring the friends together, and have a good time with little to worry about other than taking the tinfoil off the top and eating!
- 4 Cups of Tinkyada Organic Brown Pasta (penne or elbow)
- 3 Cups unsweetened rice milk
- 6 tbsp. of brown rice flour
- 1 package of rice vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package of rice vegan mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 4 oz. package sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup of brown rice cake, crumbled
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced green onions for extra flavor and garnish
- Non-stick Olive Oil spray as needed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring 1 gallon of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions, making sure to stir to prevent sticking, about 12 minutes total.
While the water is boiling and pasta is cooking, place rice milk into a saucepan, then add flour and whisk to remove any clumps. Place over medium- high heat and continue to stir until the mixture thickens. Add rice vegan cheeses, and stir with a whisk to incorporate and season with salt and reserve warm till pasta is done.
When pasta is tender, drain. Place pasta, still warm, back in the pot. Pour cheese sauce mixture over the top, add the mushrooms and stir to coat well. Transfer the mixture into an ovenproof dish.
Sprinkle the top of the pasta mixture with crumbled rice cake, if using, and lightly spray with the nonstick spray. Place in the oven and bake until colored evenly, about 12-14 minutes. Remove and let cool for 3 to 4 minutes and serve.