Sick of plain old chicken on a cleanse? So are we! So we have concocted these full flavor, low cal and easy detox turkey meatballs! The perfect bite of protein on the go or for a meal!
What You Will Need:
- 1 package ground organic turkey breast
- 4 scallion sliced thin
- 1 small shallot sliced thin
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic diced small
- half of a jalepeno diced (no seeds)
- 2 tbsp both fresh mint and fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari plus 2 tbsp extra
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tbsp extra Dr.Bo’s Olive Oil
- In a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and saute the scallions, ginger, garlic and jalepeno. Cook for about 5 minutes until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl add the turkey, the warm ingredients from the pan, mint, cilantro and tamari.
- Roll into small meatballs just smaller then an inch in diameter. In a pan over medium-high heat add 1tbsp of olive oil and half the meatballs evenly spaced. Cook for 5 minutes one side then turn them over – add 1 tbsp of Tamari and cook for another 5 minutes. repeat this step again for the remaining meatballs.
- Enjoy with a fresh green salad with cucumber, carrots, mint, scallions and lemon!