Tis’ the season to be sneezing! Its the flu and cold season and its time to stay healthy and be preventative. If you do happen to get a bug and need something to replenish and nourish you, this soup will do just the trick.
- 1/2 acorn squash, cut into several pieces
- 2 zucchini, whole (Delete for MB)
- 2 cups green beans
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 cup of Italian parsley
- Handful of watercress
- fresh herbs (thyme, tarragon) tied together with string
- 1/2 tsp. of paprika
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 Tbsps. of Dr. Bo’s Tomato Alternative
- 1 Tbsps. Dr. Bo’s Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
- 1 quart filtered water or organic vegetable broth
- Celtic or Himalayan Sea salt to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Cut the acorn squash into several pieces and steam until you can easily poke a fork into them.
Place water or vegetable broth, all other veggies and herbs together in pot. Bring to a boil, skim off the rising foam, lower heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. During last 10 minutes stir in tomato alternative, paprika. garlic, clove, olive oil, cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
Remove the bundle of herbs. In your blender combine the cooked mixture and steamed acorn squash and blend into thick soup.
Combines well with all food groups except fruit and melons.