- 2 1/2 cups of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of uncooked basmati rice
- pinch of Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup agave syrup or 1/8-1/4 tsp. Dr. Bo’s Stevia
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
Slice your vanilla bean lengthwise but not all the way through & place into a pot with the coconut milk, rice & the salt & bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer cook till rice is tender 20 – 25 minutes & stir frequently so the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Then you want to take out the vanilla bean & scrape the seeds out of the center & mix into the rice.
In another small bowl whisk the egg & the sweetener rapidly while incorporating some of the hot rice mixture a little at a time to temper the egg. Then place back on the stove & cook for about 10 minutes more on low till the pudding thickens slightly but do not boil at this point. Remove from heat & stir in the cardamom. This can be served warm or cold.
- Combines well with all vegetables non-starchy and starchy and all non starchy and starchy pulses (beans and legumes)
- Does not combine well with protein, fruits and melons