We all get really busy this time of year: back to school, summer ending, back to routine…with this can cause additional stress, fatigue, and poor eating…
Do you or someone you know experience insomnia (sleeplessness)?
Do you need stimulants to stay awake?
Do you crave sweets?
Do you gain weight without excess eating?
If so, you need to read further . . .
Over 70 million Americans suffer from sleeplessness and nearly everyone suffers occasionally from sleepless night.
Sleep isn’t a luxury, it is a necessity.
Sleep restores the body and mind and helps us maintain our mental and physical health. Studies have reported the people who get seven to eight hours of sleep each night enjoy better health and live longer than people who get less sleep.
Stress is a key trigger of sleep problems.
Cortisol is the body’s main stress hormone and is required for many vital purposes, including proper glucose metabolism, blood pressure, immune function and inflammatory response. In times of stress, either mental or physical, the body can produce an excessive amount of cortisol. At these high levels, cortisol can disrupt normal sleep patterns.
We now know that stress and anxiety on a chronic basis can lead to a hypersecretion of stress related hormones, including cortisol, that have now been correlated not only with sleeplessness, but also with cognitive performance, suppressed thyroid function, blood sugar imbalances and the subsequent deposition of body fat, decreased bone density, muscle wasting, heart related problems, and a decrease in proper immune response.
The main culprit of stress is the inability to fall and stay asleep.
The worrying, the anxiety, the constant thinking about the day’s or tomorrow’s events keep many of us from enjoying a restful night’s sleep.
Insomnia often leads to a cycle of destructive behaviors that worsen health:
Lots of coffee and soft drinks to stay awake, certain food cravings, such as carbs or sweets, cigarette smoking, and prescription medication. Many sleep medications leave us drained of energy and feeling “hung over” the next day.
Common causes of stress related sleep problems
- School or job related stress; family or relationship stress; worry about serious medical conditions; death of a loved one, etc.
- Shift work – the night shift pits the sleep cycle against the body’ natural rhythm.
- Jet lag – the body is responding to another time zone.
- Noise – a snoring partner, barking dog, loud neighbors, soaring airplanes, etc.
- Environmental discomfort – too hot, too cold, too light, beds too hard, etc.
- Medications – some medications interrupt sleep. Note: Talk with doctor or pharmacists if you are noticing this side effect.
- Sleep disorders – such as sleep apnea, which is interrupted breathing during sleep. Sleep apnea may also increase inflammation in the body and lead to problems such as heart disease.
- Caffeine intake – especially when consumed in the evening hours.
- Tobacco use – nicotine cravings can wake up users three to four hours after they go to bed.
- Alcohol use – deprives users of deep, restorative sleep.
There is a solution:
Seditol’s ingredients are Gluten FREE, Casein FREE (GFCF), Vegan Formula and non-narcotic and not habit forming, so if lifestyle changes don’t seem to work, consider using a dietary supplement with Seditol.
Seditol’s blend of all natural extracts help rebalance an over active central nervous system and relieve stress-related sleep disorders that have been used for thousands of years in Japan and China.
Magnolia officinalis extract
In pharmacological studies, Magnolia officinalis was found to have anxiolytic (anxiety reducing) effects, to balance cortisol production by the adrenal cortex, to inhibit fungal and bacterial growth, to reduce pain and inflammation, and to increase acetylcholine levels in the brain. The effectiveness of this patented, standardized extract has been verified by clinical studies.
Ziziphus spinosa extract
Used for centuries in Chinese medicine to nourish the heart yin, augment liver blood and quiet the spirit for irritability, insomnia, anxiety, and forgetfulness. It possesses calming properties, exerts a relaxing effect on smooth muscle and removes obstructions to the smooth flow of Chi. It has been tested in human clinical trials and in-home-use trials (IHUT). The later test is used for determining the efficacy of a product in real life situations.
How does it work?
Seditol’s proprietary blend of patented extracts was developed to address stress related sleep disorders by helping to calm an overactive CNS (central nervous system) while preserving natural muscle relaxation. Our research shows that stress is a major factor in sleeplessness and restlessness. In addition, stress plays a major role in weight management:
- Stress activates the hypothalamic/pituitary/adrenal axis, resulting in an increase in cortisol levels.
- Cortisol increases the availability of glucose through hepatic gluconeogenesis and the release of glucose substrates for fat cells and muscles.
- The uptake of glucose is inhibited, which results in hyperglycemia and hyperlipidemia.
- The increase in cortisol levels signals the brain that the body is in stress, causing food cravings, especially high fat, high sugar foods.
- These foods, in turn, cause additional stress, thereby fueling the stress-cortisol cycle.
- Eventually, more fat is stored than the body needs, unless sufficient exercise is in place to compensate or the stress is reduced. Central nervous system (CNS) stimulants have been used to suppress appetite in an attempt to counteract stress induced appetite. This approach not only aggravates the problem, but also has a high abuse potential and several serious side effects that effect cardiovascular and cerebral vascular health. Side effects of CNS stimulants can also include physical dependency, withdrawal problems, slowed reaction time, sedation, weight gain, constipation, dry mouth, confusion, blurred vision, nausea, diarrhea, or headaches. Products containing Ephedra (ma huang) are an example of CNS stimulants.
Seditol’s patented extracts provide a different alternative that, addresses stress related sleeplessness, restlessness and weight gain by helping to rebalance an over active CNS (central nervous system). The effectiveness of these ingredients may be enhanced by the use of certain vitamins and minerals, such as magnesium and calcium.
How to Use These Ingredients:
Check with your favorite health food store for a product with Seditol or try the formula of Seditol I use in my clinical called Serenity @www.drbo.com. My clients rave about their success with Serenity. Try it or any Seditol product for yourself and see. I think you will be very pleased.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information contained in this bulletin is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. In all case, it is recommended that you consult with your health care professional before initiating a supplement program.