These are a great appetizer or starter for an evening meal! Great flavor and fun to eat, these will not disappoint you OR your guests!
- 4 Globe Artichokes
- 1 Lemon for juice
- 1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt
- In a stock pot, fill with water to cover the artichokes (when finished trimming) and start to boil with salt in the water.
- Take scissors and cut all the tops of the outside sharp leaves (about ½ to 1 inch down). Trim the bottom stem of the artichoke so it will become tender.
- When the water is boiling, add the artichokes and then bring to a simmer for about 45 minutes until a fork goes in easily on the bottom of the stem. Take out and serve with any of the aiolis or with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Take out the inside leaves to get to the center while leaving many large leaves around the perimeter. You can fill this with many wonderful things.
Combines well with green leafy, non-starchy vegetables, sea and starchy vegetables and fairly well with pulses (beans and Legumes)
Does not combine well with proteins and fruits