Here is a fast and easy dish that will NOT leave you feeling bloated and guilty. The Zucchini noodles are the perfect pasta replacement! This meal also stores well so make a huge pot of it and leave it in the fridge!
What You Will Need:
- 1 package of organic ground turkey meat
- 1 jar tomato sauce of your choice (preferably one with as little ingredets as possible or a fresh one)
- If you can’t have tomatoes use the Dr.Bo Tomato Alternative to create a sauce with water
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the onion and garlic – sauté in a saucepan for about 7 minutes.
- Add the turkey and cook in the onion and garlic mixture until browned.
- Add the tomato sauce and let it heat through and combine over medium/low heat – about 10 minutes.
- Using a julienne peeler, use about 1 medium zucchini per person. Add the zucchini noodle sin to a different saucepan and Sauté with a little cooking spray for about 5 minutes just to soften the zucchini noodles.
- Before serving add big chunks of fresh basil to the sauce and serve over the warm zucchini noodles.