Keep your furry friend on the healthiest track possible with this full body formula. Add it to their food or water and see fido flourish.
The herbs in Dr. Bo’s® Pet Care Body have been shown to be of great benefit for an animal’s entire body. They boost the immune system, while cleansing the blood, liver and lymph. This formula is great for chronic and degenerative conditions, tumors and lymphatic problems. Pet Care Body is safe for all animal species.
Gluten Free, Casein Free (GFCF), Vegan formula and all the natural herbs used in Pet Care Body are either organic or wild-crafted and provide premium plant health properties.
Your pet’s need to be healthy too!
The herbs in Dr. Bo’s® Pet Care Ear have been shown to be an aid for ear infections, mites and ticks. It also softens sharp plant material that may be lodged in ears. The herbs were chosen for their ability to reduce inflammation and bacteria while soothing and healing tissues. Pet Care Ear is safe for all animal species.
Our modern way of life is conducive to colon diseases such as cancer. By changing our eating habits and lifestyle, we may avoid or heal colon disease. Listed below are several things we can do to help prevent colon disease or even correct deficiencies provided they haven’t progressed too far. In doing so, excess weight will just melt off until your body stabilizes.
- Avoid all stomach irritants:
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda,
- Caffeine Drinks (coffee, tea, soda, etc.) Non-caffeinated herbal tea is fine,
- Carbonated Beverages: Waters and Sodas
- Concentrated Foods
- Hot Pepper – Capsicum (Cayenne Pepper) is OK
- Sugar and Spices (except fresh or powdered herbs and Stevia)
- Vinegar Products
- Dairy/Casein Products including cheese (Nut and Grain beverages and cheeses are ok)
- All Gluten Products including Wheat, Oats, Rye and Barley
- INSTEAD, eat fresh fruits, nuts, non-starchy vegetables, lean protein, superfood shakes and non-gluten grains: Quinoa, Amaranth, Millet, Buckwheat or Whole Grain Rice.
- Do not consume over-ripe fruits or vegetables or foods having the faintest taint of spoilage or foods “aged” during processing, such as hard cheeses, sauerkraut, pickles, etc.
- Following smart food combining rules:
- Eat fruits alone
- Eat non-starchy vegetables, a salad and or cooked veggies alone or with either a:
- lean protein,
- starchy vegetable,
- starchy bean/legume (called Pluses)
- but don’t eat protein, and starches/grains together
Eat smart food choices according to your personal blood type: O, A, B, AB
Preferably using Dr. Bo’s Guide for Smart Food Choices which is different than other lists.
Blood Types O and B can have red meat but not more than once every two weeks due to the high uric acid content of red meat. All other blood types should avoid red altogether, since they do not produce the stomach acids to digest it.
- Add fiber and colon cleansing herbs to your diet 1-2 times each day (this adds the bulk or roughage that helps clean the colon). Be sure to drink at least 8 oz. of water with these products, and follow it with an additional 8 oz. of water, for a total of 16 oz. of water. The amount of water is very important.
- Eat slowly, in small bites and chew well. Good rule: chew your liquids and drink your solids. Your stomach does not have teeth.
- Eat only when hungry. True hunger is a pleasant sensation in the mouth and throat.
- Reduce overeating. Leave the table slightly hungry. Your food expands in 30 minutes.
- Your diet should consist of 60% alkaline foods (fruits and vegetables) & 40% acid foods.
- Reduce processes foods, fried foods, dried foods & chemically altered food with hydrogenated oils.
- For improved digestion, take a full spectrum enzyme just before or during meals. When taking your enzymes consume at least 8 oz. of water. Water is required to activate the “water craving” hydrolytic enzymes. The moisture in the mouth may not be sufficient. If you are taking other vitamins, take them with this same glass of water. If you are not taking a full spectrum enzyme with your meals, do not drink water with your meal. Instead, drink at least 30 minutes before and 60 minutes after a meal, but never with it, unless you are taking enzymes. To complete the digestive process while you sleep, take the full spectrum enzymes just before bedtime.
- To help establish and build friendly bacteria and flora in the intestines, consume daily a multi strain Probiotic and Prebiotic to achieve good elimination, absorption, digestion and strong immune system.
- Drink a gallon (4 quarts) of water daily – more on fast days. Add a squeeze of lemon.
- Be regular in mealtime and bedtime (this helps your digestive system, allowing it to become accustomed to work times and rest times).
- Do not crowd meals close together. Put a minimum of 4-5 hours between the end of one meal and the beginning of the next, with ideally nothing in-between, giving the stomach an opportunity to rest. If you do need snacks, eat nuts and seeds, fruit and vegetable juices, superfood shake with or without a protein powder or foods that will combine well with the foods you have had or are going to eat.
- Fast one day each week. Take 8-10 activated charcoal tablets at bedtime on the night before each fast. This will help absorb the toxins released by the fast. You can either do a fruit fast or a juice fast (fresh fruit or vegetable juices), a lemonade fast, or a grapefruit lymph fast is best. It is nice to give the body a rest. We don’t die from knee injuries we usually die from organ failure. We tend to overtax our bodies and wear it out.
You can find the different products mention in this blog at your favorite health food store or if you are interested in what we use at my clinic check out http://www.drbo.com.
The statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. These statements and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Calcium Magnesium – otherwise known as “Cal-Mag” is the wonder supplement. Taken properly, the benefits and gains from this combination will leave you sad you didn’t know about it sooner. Benefits are beyond with this liquid that is a perfectly balanced daily supplement of calcium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin D synergistically formulated to support bone, muscle and connective tissue.
- Maintains proper bone mass
- Supports bone, muscle and connective tissue health
- Surging with over 72 minerals and trace elements
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases
- regulates high blood pressure (Hypertension)
- Magnesium treats diabetes
- Magnesium treats migraines, insomnia, and depression
- Helps relax the body and aids in sleep
Want to know more? Click here
Thanksgiving has come and gone, but this nutrient packed side is perfect for any meal! Use this with a side of other veggies and your meal is good to go. It saves well in the fridge and is a perfect leftover!
- 1 cup quinoa or whole grain wild rice or millet (Can be a mixture)
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup celeriac (celery root), diced
- 3/4 cup butternut squash, diced (for all blood types) Or
- 3/4 cup sweet potato, diced (for types O, B, &AB)
- 1 medium leek or onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- 1 tsp. ground thyme
- 3/4 tsp. Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Dr. Bo’s Olive Oil (extra virgin)
Rinse quinoa, rice or millet and pour in a sauce pan with 2 cups of water, and bring to a boil. Avoid stirring and let boil until the grain absorbs all the remaining water, about 10-15 minutes. [For a perfect grain, after all the water is absorbed, turn the heat off and let grains sit in the pan with the cover on for at least 10 more minutes. The grain will absorb any remaining water left in the pan and stay moist and fluffy!] Set aside in a large mixing bowl.
Melt about a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Chop the garlic, leek or onions, butternut squash or sweet potato and celeriac, and add it to the oil. Cook on medium, stirring frequently, until veggies are fork tender- about 20 minutes. Once the veggies are softened, add the thyme, sage, salt and pepper and stir coat evenly.
Add the veggies to the grain in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Pour in the chopped parsley and olive oil and toss until everything is evenly distributed.
Can make a day or so ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to serve. Saves well in fridge for about a week and makes great leftovers for lunch.
Photo from: http://wisconsinfromscratch.com/journal/2013/10/22/102213-wild-rice-pilaf-with-roasted-butternut-squash
Who knew this common fruit we all love could have so many healthy benefits and taste so good! Don’t ignore your bananas, here’s why:
- Instant energy
- Keeps you “regular”
- Reduces blood pressure & the risk of heart disease
- Scavenge harmful oxygen-free radicals
- Reduces menstrual cramps
- Contains anti-oxidents, vitamins and minerals
- Helps grow strong bones
- Powers the brain
- Helps prevent ulcers
- Reduces depression
Little tips and tricks make working in the kitchen so much more enjoyable. See these 6 kitchen hacks below!
- Pomegranates – Cut the pomegranate in half and gently loosen it with your hands. Over a bowl with cut side down smack the skin with a spoon and the seeds will pop out!
- Eggs – lost some shell in the bowl? Use one of the egg halves to fish it out easily with very little mess.
- Limes – Microwave the lime for 5-10 seconds, roll it out on the counter then cut in half and juice – you will get triple the juice.
- Mushrooms – start by cutting off a small slice off one side, this will create an even surface to then cut the entire mushroom with out it rolling around.
- Ginger – cutting ginger is hard – try using a microplane or grater for best results!
- Lemons – got seeds? Juice the lemon over your cupped hand to loosen catch the seeds like a colander.
Well we all now what this time of year usually has plenty of…carbs. Especially at Thanksgiving. Though we are all about healthy carbs over here – the heavy ones aren’t always good for us! Luckily, when you are in a moment of carb-loading, we have a product that can help! CarbStop!
With the holidays almost here – we are throwing a contest to win a CarbStop product of your own!
All you have to do is instagram a health lifestyle photo – follow @DrBoWagner – and hashtag #drboholidays – we will randomly pick a winner and contact you through instagram direct messaging to send you the product!
The high quality ingredients in Dr. Bo’s®, CarbStop™ Phase 2 Carb Controller have been shown to help reduce the enzymatic digestion of dietary starches when used in a serving size not less than 1,000 mg and two servings per day. Bread, pasta, potatoes, and rice have long been an integral part of the diets around the globe. Defined as “starches,” and often identified as high glycemic, these foods are best consumed in moderation, particularly for those who have a sedentary lifestyle.
Adding CarbStop to these favorite foods has been clinically proven to lessen their effect on blood sugar levels PLUS neutralizes their impact on caloric intake. Each serving has the potential to neutralize the digestion of 2,000-2,800 carb calories. So, insure the success of your weight loss program with this clinically tested, all-natural starch neutralizer extracted from a non-GMO crude bean powder.
CarbStop’s advanced formula is further enhanced with digestive resistant fiber and prebiotics, including FOS and inulin, and also contains 50 mcg Chromium per serving. Some studies have shown that Chromium may promote a healthy response to insulin, although additional studies are required.
Gluten FREE, Casein FREE (GFCF), Vegan Formula.
It’s hard to get kids to eat a balanced diet, especially protein. These simple and delicious deviled eggs will make eating not only eggs, but protein fun! The curry adds an extra flavor profile that warms the palette.
Try these for a new after school snack!
Serves: 4-6 or serve as an appetizer
- 1 dozen organic or farm fresh eggs
- 4-5 tablespoons of Dr. Bo’s homemade mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 6 chives chopped fine
- Paprika for garnish
- Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt to taste
Place the eggs into a pot with not much room to roll around, cover in cool water & put on stove & bring to a boil. When boiling turn down to simmer & time it at 11 minutes. Take off fire and run under cool water. As the eggs are getting cooler you can crack & take the shells off (if difficult take shells off under running cool water).
Next, cut in half all the eggs & take the yolks out & place into a bowl. Then put in the mayonnaise & combine with the curry, most of the chives & a touch of salt to a nice creamy texture. Then scoop back into the empty egg whites & garnish with the balance of the chives on top, a sprinkle of paprika & a bit of salt.
“Dr. Bo Wagner has been my primary source for health basics for over 10 years. I have used an array of his products with tremendous success. He is someone who is truly knowledgeable and has dedicated the better part of his life to understanding alternative health. He is a rarity and I’m so glad to have found him. And every time I get a part/role and need to look good, I go straight to him.”
Movies: Vanilla Sky, A Very Brady Sequel, LA Twister, and See Jane Run
TV: Glee, CSI, Supernatural, Party of Five, The Closer, Grey’s Anatomy, and NYPD Blue
Honey is the only food on the planet that will not spoil or rot. It will do what some call turning to sugar. In reality honey is always honey. However, when left in a cool dark place for a long time it will do what I rather call “crystallizing”. When this happens I loosen the lid, boil some water, and sit the honey container in the hot water, turn off the heat and let it liquefy. It is then as good as it ever was. Never boil honey or put it in a microwave. To do so will kill the enzymes in the honey. It is always best to use raw honey and when possible honey from your local area.
Cinnamon and Honey
Facts on Honey and Cinnamon: It is found that a mixture of honey and cinnamon can help aid most diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. Scientists of today also accept honey as a ‘Ram Ban” (very affective) medicine for all kinds of diseases. Honey has been shown that it can be used without any side effects for many different ailments.
A Healthy Reminder
Today’s science says that even though honey is sweet, if taken in the right dosage medicinally, with the guidance of their healthcare practitioner, it does not harm diabetic patients. Weekly World News, a magazine in Canada, in its issue dated 17 January, 1995 has given the following list of ailments that can be helped by honey and cinnamon as researched by western scientist, plus and there are several references in medical journals confirming the information below… so always good to review and maybe, we should consider sweetening up our lives!!
Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on Ezekiel or Non-Gluten bread, instead of jelly and jam, and eat it regularly for breakfast or late morning snack. It has been shown to help reduce the cholesterol in the arteries and may help prevent a heart attack. Also, those who have already had an attack, it has also been shown, if they do this process daily, to help reduce the chance of another attack. Regular use of the above process helps relieve loss of breath and may strengthen the heart beat. In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as you age, the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged: honey and cinnamon have been shown to help revitalize the arteries and veins.
Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taking regularly even chronic arthritis has been shown to be greatly helped. In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon of Honey and half teaspoon of Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week, out of the 200 people so treated, it was shown that practically 73 patients were relieved of pain, and within a month, that most of all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.
Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It helps destroys the germs in the bladder.
Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water, given to a cholesterol patient, were found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10 percent within two hours. As mentioned for arthritic patients, if taken three times a day, and chronic cholesterol has been shown to be greatly helped. According to information received in the said Journal, pure honey taken with food daily helps relieve complaints of cholesterol.
Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with ¼ spoon cinnamon powder daily for three days. This process will help alleviate most chronic cough, cold, and clear the sinuses.
Honey taken with cinnamon powder helps aid stomach ache and also has been shown to help clear stomach ulcers from the root.
According to the studies done in India and Japan, it is revealed that if honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach may benefit from relief of gas.
It has been shown that daily use of honey and cinnamon powder helps strengthen the immune system and helps protect the body from bacterial and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of Honey has also been shown to help strengthen the white blood corpuscles to fight bacterial and viral diseases.
Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food is known to aid relief of acidity and helps digest the heaviest of meals.
A SCIENTIST IN Spain has shown that honey contains a natural ‘Ingredient’ which helps kills the influenza germs and aids in the relief of flu.
Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly, has been shown to arrests the ravages of old age. Take four spoons of honey, one spoon of cinnamon powder, and three cups of water and boil to make like tea. Drink ¼ cup, three to four times a day. It helps keep the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age. It has been shown to help increase like spans and help the elderly perform at a much younger level.
Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it the next morning with warm water. If done daily for two weeks, it helps remove pimples from the root.
Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts has been shown to help in the elimination of eczema, ringworm and all types of skin infections.
Daily in the morning one half hour before breakfast on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. If taken regularly, it has been shown to help reduce the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly is known to aid the body in not allowing fat to accumulate, even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.
Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that patients with advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have benefited greatly after taking daily one tablespoons of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder for one month three times a day.
Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens, who take honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts, have been shown to be more alert and flexible. Dr. Milton, who has done research, says that a half tablespoon of honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3:00 P.M. when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, increases the vitality of the body within a week.
People of South America, first thing in the morning, gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water, so their breath stays fresh throughout the day.
Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder, when taken in equal parts have been shown to help restore hearing.
You might want to share this information with a friend, kinfolks and loved ones. Everyone needs healthy help information.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The information presented on this blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Just like food, the things in your medicine cabinet have an expiry date as well. We are cautious with expiry dates on what we eat so we should be the same with everything in our lives – in particular, the medicine cabinet. Cough syrup, advil – things you would never assume would go bad but they do.
Set a reminder for yourself a few times a year to go through the medicine cabinet and clean it out. Another way to do it is to make the expiry date on the bottle more prominent using a felt tip or sharpie – that way you won’t miss it.
Just another way of living the healthy Wagner way.
Wheatgrass is one of nature’s BEST medicines. Just a small portion of wheat grass has the fighting power of many different health remedies. Wheatgrass has twice the amount of Vitamin A as carrots more vitamin C than oranges, all of your B vitamins, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and potassium.
So why aren’t we all drinking wheatgrass? The above isn’t the only thing wheatgrass contains, here’s a few more:
- Complete source of protein
- Has all essential amino acids
- 20% of total calories coming from protein
- It’s a powerful detoxifier, especially of the liver and blood
- It helps neutralize toxins and environmental pollutants in the body
- Contains beneficial enzymes that help protect us from carcinogens
- Cleanses the body from head to toe of any heavy metals, pollutants and other toxins that may be stored in the body’s tissues and organs
- High in chlorophyll
Try the wheatgrass challenge by drinking two ounces of wheatgrass juice twice a day consumed fresh – (within fifteen minutes of juicing for the best results).
*Some information found from an article on http://hippocratesinst.org/benefits-of-wheatgrass-2
We can only do so much to avoid the cold and flu this season! Using something all natural everyday to prevent this is the best bet! Do what you can when you’re not with your kids to keep them strong and healthy!
Dr. Bo’s® Kids Cold & Flu tincture of the tasty, antioxidant rich berries, elderberries, can help with colds, flu and other viral invasions that produce symptoms of fever, muscle pain, cough and excessive mucus. Kids Cold & Flu is great for use as a spring cleaning tonic.
Read More here
Photo credit HERE
- 1 package of firm Tofu (with Almond Sauce or Peanut Sauce for type A & AB)
- Onions, Enoki Mushrooms, Zucchini, Yellow Squash and (Red/Yellow/Green Bell Peppers for Type O & B only)
- Romaine leaves for Wrap (or Butter Leaf Lettuce for Cups)
- Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Dr. Bo’s Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
Rinse the tofu and cut into strips. In a nonstick skillet pour some of the olive oil in & lightly sauté the tofu on both sides.
Place all the vegetables on a very hot grill and turn over and grill the other side. When all the veggies are ready to serve, place on top of tofu and cover the tofu and veggies with some peanut or almond sauce, based on your blood type and lightly salt to taste. See Dips, Spreads & Sauces on how to make Almond & Peanut Sauce.
Then place the mixture into the lettuce wraps or cups.
Combines well with leafy, sea and non-starchy vegetables
Does not combine well starchy vegetable, starchy pulses (beans and Legumes) and fruit
Photo credit here
This is a new thing for the Wagner Healthcare blog but I look forward to your comments.
We all are constantly glue to our electronics: phones, iPads, computers, you name it. I go out to eat and see people not even talking to each other at the table. What happened to talking to one another – and not letting a device dictate our lives?
This weekend try a digital detox – maybe 4 hours, a night, a whole day or the whole weekend – shut it all off. Establish what a digital detox means to you and see how much richer and more full your life becomes!
Its cold & flu season so follow these simple tips:
- Lose the booze
- Sip tea
- Get a protein fix
- Wipe public fixtures or sanitize after
- Carry zinc lozenges
- Nose rinses with water and salt
- Embrace social media
- Release bad energy
- Sweat it out
- Replace toothbrushes
- Get sleep
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
- Always wash your hands!
What are your tips for avoiding a cold?
It’s that time again – kids back at school and germs abound! Thankfully we have a holistic, healthy and easy way to kick the cold to the curb:
Dr. Bo’s® Kids Cold & Flu tincture of the tasty, antioxidant rich berries, elderberries, can help with colds, flu and other viral invasions that produce symptoms of fever, muscle pain, cough and excessive mucus. Kids Cold & Flu is great for use as a spring cleaning tonic.
Gluten Free, Casein Free (GFCF), Alcohol Free, Vegan formula and all the natural herbs used in Kids Cold & Flu are either organic or wild-crafted and provide premium plant health properties.
ABOUT DR. BO WAGNER’S LIQUID HERBAL EXTRACTS OR TINCTURES
An alcohol tincture has the advantage of maximum potency, versatility, and shelf life. Unlike pills and capsules, these concentrated plant extracts enter the blood stream quickly through the mucus membranes of the mouth without having to be broken down by the digestive system. The plant’s active constituents are extracted in organic alcohol and distilled water. Proportions are specific to each herb. As with fine wines, this process should not be hurried. Dr. Wagner’s tinctures are extracted for an average of 2 months.
Here’s how it works:
Let’s create two very distinct situations when eating: one being digestion and nutrient enhancement, and the other being the decomposition of the food, which is a form of self-poisoning. If carbohydrates are not digested, they ferment and produce poisons such as carbon dioxide, acetic acid, lactic
acid and alcohol. (Note: the alcohol produced has the same potential for destruction of the liver and other organs as commercial alcohol). When proteins are not digested, they putrefy, producing poisons known as ptomains and leucomaines.
Anytime, two or more foods are eaten at the same meal, each one requiring
opposite conditions for their digestion (such as dried fruit and vegetables
or protein and starch), the digestive process is less efficient. Sometimes
digestion is totally suspended. The responsibility for harmonious digestions
rests with each of us. Failure to observe the limitations of human digestion
results in mild to severe indigestion and is very likely to be a contributing
factor in causing disease.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The information provided in this publication is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. This information should not be used for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a health care professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.
The publisher and the author are not responsible for any goods and/or services offered or referred to in this blog and expressly disclaim all liability in connection with the fulfillment of orders for any such goods or services and any damage, loss or expense to person or property arising out of or relating to them.
It’s that time again! September! When kids go back to school, we say good bye to vacations, and we say hello to routine and hectic lifestyles.
Just because routines, and work cause us to be busy and stressed – this shouldn’t mean our healthy activities and clean eating should be compromised with fast options and quick fixes.
Take a few hours on a Sunday and get organized. Meal plan for the week so you know what to expect and create a food schedule so your diet and health isn’t affected.
Here are some simple and effective tips for keeping on track for this busy season:
- Reserve a few hours on a Sunday and write out your meals and shopping list
- Make things that keep well and make excellent leftovers
- Pack everything ahead of time in containers
- Label the containers for each day that they belong for
- Make a plan in your phone or on a piece of paper each day with times to follow the meal plan
- Record any wavering from the plan so you can do better next week
Planning ahead saves time, anxiety, and keeps everything on track. Being prepared is the best way to be successful in work, your life and with your diet!
Happy Meal Planning!
Cover photo from: https://fuelnutrition.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/fuel-food-in-containers.jpg
D-Ribose, L-Carnitine and Fumerate are a monumental heart-health breakthrough that is the missing link to help the heart and body replenish energy, support muscle recovery, and achieve optimal heart-health. Active lifestyles increase the cell’s demand for energy and D-Ribose, L-Carnitine and Fumerate can help stressed cells rebuild the volume of energy substrates needed to maintain a healthy, normal cellular energy pool.
ATP – Pure Energy
The heart produces and uses the most energy, so therefore is the body’s energy center and needs ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the main source of energy to function. D-Ribose begins the metabolic process for the production and regeneration of ATP used by all cells and tissues, including heart and skeletal muscles, liver, and brain cells.
D-Ribose is a unique five carbon monosaccharide that occurs naturally in all living cells, forming the carbohydrate portions of DNA and RNA, the building blocks of life. Under normal conditions, the body is usually able to produce the normal amount of ATP it needs. However, with intense or strenuous exercise, stressful conditions, heart disease, injury, aging, or when your blood or oxygen flow is restricted; the ATP production may naturally decrease by 50% and can cause a significant decrease in muscle energy levels, leading to fatigue, cramping, soreness and stiffness. Studies have shown that it may take three days or more to restore these depleted energy levels and as much as ten days for complete cardiovascular recovery. Supplementing your diet with D-Ribose has been shown to help hasten energy and muscle recovery.
Benefits of D-Ribose have been shown to be helpful in:
- Promoting cellular energy and endurance
- Protecting against free-radical damage
- Boosting heart and muscle energy levels
- Supplying protection of antioxidants
- Promoting cardiac health
- Speeding energy and muscle recovery
- Supporting normal heart function
- Relieving muscle soreness, cramping, and fatigue
- Improving athletic performance
The primary function of L-Carnitine is to facilitate metabolic energy by the burning of fatty acids. Fatty acids alone cannot penetrate the inner mitochondrial membrane, but require L-Carnitine to affect their passage. A healthy heart, as all muscles, requires an abundant supply of energy to achieve its working capacity. This energy is derived mostly from fatty acids.
Fumarate production is an essential step of the Krebs’s cycle, an important metabolic mechanism of energy production that takes place inside every cell. Coupled together, these two powerful SUPERFOODS shuffle fatty acids into the mitochondria, increasing the efficiency of the body’s energy production.
D-Ribose L-Carnitine and Fumerate make the Perfect Combination
To maximize energy production in the body and the heart, you need to both create and regenerate energy. D-Ribose, L-Carnitine and Fumerate, natural substances present in living cells, fuel the regeneration of energy during the times the body is unable to create energy fast enough. So, if you are feeling rundown, sluggish, suffering from poor cardiovascular health, chronic fatigue, or fibromyalgia or you’re a high performance athlete looking for that extra boost, natural health products that provide D-Ribose, L-Carnitine and Fumerate may be just what the doctor ordered.
Check your favorite health food store and see if you can find a heart health product containing these ingredients, or you can check out a product called Boot Up at http://www.drbo.com/, to see what we use at my Clinic.
The statements in this blog are not evaluated by the FDA. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
We all dislike gas: its uncomfortable, embarrassing, and well, doesn’t smell great! But face it, we have all had it. But the best part is, we don’t have to! There are some simple and easy ways to avoid gas, bloating and feel great by following a few simple steps:
- eat fruit on an empty stomach 5 hours after a meal or 1 hour before – this will avoid gases in your stomach
- eat food with proper combining – if you combine your foods properly gas will be avoided
- avoid beans that aren’t great for your blood type – those are the ones that make you bloat and gas
- avoid sugary and carbonated beverages – stick to water and you will feel great
- clean that colon out on a regular basis – by clearing out old fecal matter, you will leave your track feeling clean and not an environment where gas will want to live
Easy steps to avoid gas!
If you read our last blog post on why fiber rocks and how it helps your system – I bet you are wondering where to get fiber in the best form. Here are the top 10 “Bp-Approved” sources of fiber.
- Split Peas
- Black Beans
- Brussel Sprouts
- Pearled Barley
If you are experiencing Gas, Fatigue, Bloating, Backache, Body Odor, Bad Breath, Headaches, Depression, Indigestion, Nausea, Hemorrhoids, Negative Effects of Being Overweight, Bad Skin, Tension and Irritability, then a good fiber cleansing herbal product may help you.
A Clogged Colon
A clogged colon interferes with the absorption and digestion of food, depriving the body of necessary nutrients. This results in fermentation and putrefaction of undigested food which creates poisons. These poisons are re-absorbed into the bloodstream affecting every organ and part of the body. We age prematurely, we look and feel old, our joints become stiff and painful, our eyes become dull and a sluggish brain overtakes us – the pleasure of living is gone!
A health program cannot be fully effective until the body is cleansed of excess toxic material, which is often built up, layer upon layer, over a period of many years. Diets consisting of fast food, low fiber, white flour, highly refined and processed foods, excessive sugar, preservatives and artificial coloring are all suspected contributors.
Cornerstone of Health
Fiber, one of cornerstones of a healthy lifestyle, has been shown to help maintain normal, healthy intestinal regularity and also help maintain normal healthy levels of cholesterol, blood glucose levels after meals and a normal healthy cardiovascular system.
Benefits of Fiber
Fiber not only promotes health, it also helps reduce the risk for some chronic diseases. For instance, fiber prevents constipation, hemorrhoids and diverticulitis. Fiber is also linked to prevention of some cancers, especially colon and breast cancer. In addition, fiber may help lower the LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) and total cholesterol thereby reducing the risk of heart disease. Furthermore, fiber can help lower blood sugar to help better manage diabetes
Remember…cancer of the colon ranks next to heart disease as the most frequent cause of death in the United States today. So keep your colon in excellent condition by regular cleansing and experience the gentle relief and wonderful health thousands experience with all natural fiber cleansing formulas.
Once you begin cleansing with fiber and rid your colon of this old fecal matter, you will no longer have that daily discomfort, instead you will feel fantastic!!!
The statements in this blog are not evaluated by the FDA. These statements and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Walk outside, breath the fresh air, soak up the sunshine and if it is cold and rainy use the treadmill or go shopping. Add some barbells and do some arm exercises while you walk to also strengthen your upper body. Don’t procrastinate, just do it! But most of all have fun and enjoy the long lasting benefits of good health and well being. So start walking!
Walking just 40 minutes a day could seriously benefit your health. Check out these amazing perks to taking a simple stroll around the neighborhood.
Walking is known to melt your thighs and perk up your bum. But its healthy resumé boasts some even more impressive accomplishments.
Here are eight reasons to take those extra steps and make walking a part of your healthy lifestyle:
- It deflects diabetes. New research links brisk walking to a significant risk reduction for developing type 2 diabetes. Insulin resistance is a predictor of this disease, even in people with normal glucose levels. But a recent British study found that people with a family history of the disease who walked briskly, or performed some other type of moderate to vigorous activity on a routine basis, improved insulin sensitivity.
- It soups up your sex life. Sex and exercise go hand-in-hand. In a study of women between 45 and 55 years old, those who exercised, including brisk walking, reported not only greater sexual desire, but better sexual satisfaction, too.
- It saves you on gym costs. In this economy, people are cutting excesses, and that includes trips to the health club. In an American Heart Association survey, a quarter of the 1,000 people questioned had axed their gym memberships sometime in the previous six months. But no matter where you live, there’s a place you can pound the pavement or trek a trail, and 150 minutes of moderate-intensity walking a week can help manage stress and prevent heart disease. Moderate walking equals an average of about 100 steps per minute. San Diego State University researchers suggest using a pedometer and aiming for 1,000 steps in 10 minutes, and working up to 3,000 steps in 30 minutes.
- It can get you off meds. Using data from the National Walkers’ Health Study, including more than 32,000 women and 8,000 men, researchers found that those who took the longest weekly walks, not necessarily accumulated the most mileage per week, were more likely to use less medication. This shouldn’t deter you from taking shorter walks more frequently throughout the week, but you should consider squeezing in a longer walk once a week, perhaps on the weekend when you have more spare time.
- It can help fade fibromyalgia pain. This chronic condition affects more than 4 percent of the population, and often involves pain, fatigue and brain fog. A small study found that in women 32 to 70 years old, those who walked 60 minutes, performed light exercises, and stretched three times a week for 18 weeks reported significant improvements in walking and mental capacity, and were less tired and depressed.
- It helps you beat breast cancer. Women who walk regularly after being diagnosed with breast cancer have a 45 percent greater chance of survival than those who are inactive, according to a study published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology. Yale researchers heading up the study also found that those who exercised in the year before being diagnosed were 30 percent more likely to survive, compared to women who didn’t exercise leading up to their diagnosis.
- Strolling reduces stroke risk. Walking briskly for just 30 minutes, five days a week can significantly lower your risk of suffering a stroke, according to University of South Carolina researchers. After studying 46,000 men and 15,000 women over the course of 18 years, those with increased fitness levels associated with regular brisk walking had a 40 percent lower risk of suffering a stoke than those with the lowest fitness level.
- It can save your mind. Italian researchers enlisted 749 people suffering from memory problems in a study and measured their walking and other moderate activities, such as yard work. At the four-year follow-up, they found that those who expended the most energy walking had a 27 percent lower risk of developing dementia than the people who expended the least. This could be the result of physical activity’s role in increasing blood flow to the brain.
Start with 10 minutes a day and slowly add 5 minutes every few days building up to the suggested 30 minutes a day at least five days a week. If you can increase your walk to 45 or 60 minutes daily and for six or seven days a week, that is even better.
Note: Running and jogging can be OK but are not usually recommended by cardiologists. Research has shown that sudden exercise can lead to heart attacks. Alternatives would be aerobics, cycling, dancing, swimming, or elliptical. What I am looking for is 30 minutes of cardiodaily. Always consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The statements on this blog are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Being healthy means being consistent. You can eat one good meal a day to be healthier, but if you stop after one day – you won’t remain healthy. Health starts from the second you plant your feet on the ground and rise for the day – and ends when you lift your feet off the ground and lay down for the night.
These are some easy and simple steps to a healthier you:
- Upon rising, start by drinking a glass of warm water with the juice of half a lemon. This is one of the best tips for starting your day, flushing out your system, and starting fresh and clean.
- Then with the proper supplements (Women or Men’s Pak and any other additional supplements) take them when advised, ie. 30 minutes before a meal etc and time them correctly.
- For breakfast make a cleansing fruit shake with water or fruit juices from the same fruit category also mixed with Dr.Bo’s Garden of Plenty for a full nourishing, balancing and cleansing morning.
- An hour later have a light protein breakfast with eggs or a protein shake.
These simple morning rituals will make the world of a difference for your health and contribute to ultimate totally body wellness – The Wagner Way!
please visit our sister site DrBo.com for all supplement information or give us a call anytime for a consultation!
- 4 Globe Artichokes
- 1 Lemon for juice
- 1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt
Take scissors and cut all the tops of the outside sharp leaves (about ½ to 1 inch down). Trim the bottom stem of the artichoke so it will become tender.
In a stock pot, fill with water to cover the artichokes (when finished trimming) and start to boil with salt in the water.
When the water is boiling, add the artichokes and then bring to a simmer for about 45 minutes until a fork goes in easily on the bottom of the stem. Take out and serve with any of the aiolis or with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Take out the inside leaves to get to the center while leaving many large leaves around the perimeter. You can fill this with many wonderful things.
Combines well with green leafy, non-starchy vegetables, sea and starchy vegetables and fairly well with pulses (beans and Legumes)
Does not combine well with proteins and fruits
A Probiotic blend of 10 different strands of bacteria including Lactobacillus Acidophilus, the primary organism in the upper small intestines and Bifidobacterium bifidum, the dominant organism in the lower small intestines, large intestine and the human vagina with a blend of Prebiotics should be taken daily to establish healthy intestinal flora and immune system.
Lactose – Free
Look for a lactose-free Probioic and which will help maintain a balance of friendly bacteria that aids digestion and promotes proper elimination of waste and improves absorption of nutrients.
Protease and Lipase
Probiotics also help in the production of enzymes such as proteases, which helps digest proteins and lipase to digest fat. It also assists in the production of B vitamins which are bio-catalysts in food digestion, particularly folic acid.
Probiotics help in the alleviation of lactose intolerance caused by deficiency of the enzyme lactase. A probiotic containing a significant quantity of lactase, may help digest lactose more fully thereby reducing the possibility of bad breath, bloating, acid formation and stomach cramps.
A Few Benefits
Probiotics have been shown to enhance calcium metabolism, reduce serum cholesterol levels and by virtue of its inhibiting gastrointestinal and uro-pathogens, it may help reduce the occurrence of diarrhea, urinary and vaginal infections.
Probiotics have been shown to aid in inhibiting pathogenic bacteria and organisms including Salmonella, Shigella, Clostridium, Bacillus Cereus, Staphylococcus Aurous and yeast such as Candida Albicans by increasing the acetic acid level. This creates the necessary conditions for the beneficial microbes to thrive and unfavorable conditions for bad bacteria, inhibiting pathogenic flora by production of the natural antibiotics Acidophilin, Acidolin, and Lactolin, which also produces Lactic Acid which helps inhibit the growth of many bad bacteria. The inhibition of pathogens by the good probiotics is attributed to the lowering of the pH values by the liberation of acids, resulting in anti-microbial action altering oxidation-reduction potential.
Keys to Good Health
Probiotic help decompose Nitrosamines (cancer causing substances) and can suppress the production of Nitrosamine in the intestines, promotes proper bacteria balance and prohibits harmful bacteria from adhering to the lining of the intestines and creates macrophages. With all of these great benefits, Probiotics are truly a key to good health and life!
Look for a good multi-strain probiotic complex with prebiotics at your favorite healthfood store or check out what we use at my clinic at http://www.drbo.com.
The statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. These statements are not intended to to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. These statements are for educational use.
- Kids Vitamins and Minerals: well balanced multi-vitamin & mineral complex (Liquid or Powder). Both formulas help maintain natural immunities, cleanse the body of toxins and supply energy and nutrient absorption. These high quality vitamins and minerals are easily absorbed and readily utilized and help children to develop properly, keep their bodies functioning and can also help to promote the normal growth and development of bones. In addition to helping satisfy nutritional needs they also aid all aspects of digestion, metabolism and elimination making them another important essential key to life, energy and full body wellness!
- Kids Enzymes: complete full-spectrum food-grade multi-enzyme complex (Capsule). Kids Enzymes with Prebiotic Blend is a Peptizymes SP (Peptidase) and pancreatic blend of food grade multi-enzymes and synergistic co-factors to optimize digestion of fats, starches, carbohydrates, proteins (including gluten, casein and soy) and sugars (including lactose) with Prebiotics that helps maintain digestive health through a wide pH range (3-9). Enzymes are vital to every living cell. Without enzymes, life could not exist. Now you can see why enzymes are key to life.
- Kids Probiotics: superior 10-Strain DDS-1 Probiotic Complex (Capsule or Powder). Contains a 10 Strain DDS-1 Probiotic Complex to help decompose toxic substances in the intestines, promote proper bacteria balance and prohibit harmful bacteria from adhering to the lining of the intestines and creates macrophages. With all of these great benefits, Kids Probiotics capsules and powder are truly keys to a strong immune system, good health and life!
- Kids EFA Pearls or Kids Omega Oils: comprehensive, well-balanced blend of essential fatty acids (Pearl or Liquid). Kids EFA Pearls with omegas 3.6.9 essential fatty acids from Blackcurrant Seed Oil include all of the benefits of all three types of fatty acid. The amounts and ratios of each fatty acid are balanced to optimal levels of each. Taking Kids EFA Pearls supplement is a good way to ensure that you are getting essential nutrients for your good health. Kids EFA Pearls is a fantastic balance of omega 3.6.9! Gluten FREE (GF), Casein FREE (CF), Vegan Formula.
- Kids Daily Fiber: all natural enzymatic patented soluble fiber (Powder). Kids Daily Fiber (288g Powder) – provides 11 grams of soluble, clear, virtually tasteless dietary fiber per serving that does not thicken when mixed with water or your favorite beverage or food. This extraordinary fiber is prepared by a patented enzymatic process that makes it particularly effective in providing bulk for the diet and helps maintain normal, healthy intestinal regularity.*In addition, this extraordinary fiber product contains two different types of fructooligo-saccharides that arrive in the large intestine undigested and serve as prebiotics (encouraging the growth of naturally occurring bifidobacteria), plus a complex of OVER 70 ionic trace minerals. All of this makes fiber another important key to life!
- Kids Minerals and Electrolytes – BONUS PRODUCT: special blend of ionic minerals and essential electrolytes which your body needs to perform at optimum levels of energy, stamina and hydration during everyday life, competition or any other strenuous activity (Capsule). Kids Minerals and Electrolytes contain the most powerful natural, health-giving, ionic trace minerals and electrolytes in the world, formulated by nature, for greater bio-electric health and body mineral balancing. These natural, soluble, ionic trace minerals and electrolytes also nutritionally aid vitality and overall health.